I totally forgot about this recipe but glad I came across it again.
Delicious moist cupcakes made with Oreo cookies. These taste even better than they look.
Yield: 16 cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
|All-purpose Flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||1 1/4 cups|
|Baking Soda||3/4 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Pepper, crushed (optional)||1/2 Tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 cup|
|Water, hot||3/4 cup|
|Whipped Icing||1 can|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake tin with baking cups.
- Break apart at least 12 cookies and place the broken pieces in the bottom of the cups.
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl using a wire whisk.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Add the hot water and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter (it will be very runny and liquidy) to a large measuring cup and pour batter into each baking cup so it’s about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 16-18 minutes.
- Add about 2 teaspoons (or more if you’d like) cookie crumbs to the can of frosting and mix.
- Apply frosting and top with a cookie.