I totally forgot about this recipe but glad I came across it again.
Delicious moist cupcakes made with Oreo cookies. These taste even better than they look.
Yield: 16 cupcakes
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
|All-purpose Flour||1 1/2 cups|
|Unsweetened Cocoa Powder||1/2 cup|
|Sugar||1 1/4 cups|
|Baking Soda||3/4 tsp|
|Baking Powder||1/2 tsp|
|Red Pepper, crushed (optional)||1/2 Tsp|
|Vegetable Oil||1/2 cup|
|Water, hot||3/4 cup|
|Whipped Icing||1 can|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line cupcake tin with baking cups.
- Break apart at least 12 cookies and place the broken pieces in the bottom of the cups.
- Mix flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl using a wire whisk.
- Add the eggs, oil, vanilla, and milk. Mix well until thoroughly combined. Add the hot water and mix until combined.
- Transfer the batter (it will be very runny and liquidy) to a large measuring cup and pour batter into each baking cup so it’s about 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350°F for 16-18 minutes.
- Add about 2 teaspoons (or more if you’d like) cookie crumbs to the can of frosting and mix.
- Apply frosting and top with a cookie.
2 thoughts on “Cookies and Creme Cupcakes”
the visuals on this are amazing! That looks so delicious, especially with the Oreo cookie on top, wow!
I was wondering if you were on FB at all? It would be amazing if you could share your recipe in our group, would love for you to join our community of food lovers! Check us out here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/OnlyGoodEats/