Though I don’t cook nearly as much as I used to when I co-founded a food blogging startup, I still enjoy it and get to do it occasionally. One of my stand-by side dishes is baked macaroni and cheese. It’s easy, delicious, and goes well with many main courses. Plus, I ❤️ cheese.
With Cucumbertown closing its doors, I figured I would start moving some of my recipes over to this blog to keep them documented. There are some recipes in there I forgot about completely and will certainly make again.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
|Black Pepper||1/2 Tsp|
|Red Pepper, crushed (optional)||1/2 Tsp|
|Cheddar Cheese, shredded||2 cups|
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Melt butter in large saucepan over medium heat.
- Gradually whisk in milk and cook, whisking constantly 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Stir in salt, black pepper, red pepper (if using), 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese, and cooked pasta. Mix thoroughly.
- Spoon mixture into lightly greased baking dish and top with remaining cheese.
- (Optional) Sprinkle top with breadcrumbs.
- Bake at 400°F for 30 minutes.
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Maybe you have your own recipe. I’d love to hear it. If you try out this recipe, let me know how you like it!